The BEST vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Chick’n Wings
This recipe for Cauliflower Buffalo Chick’n Wings is one of our favorites. Spicy, tangy and delicious – these wings are the perfect comfort food for chilly autumn evenings.
You’ll find this recipe in the Wholesome Culture Cookbook, along with 80 more nutritious and delicious plant-based breakfasts, lunches, dinners, desserts, sides, and smoothies!
Cauliflower Buffalo Chick’n Wings
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Makes 3-4 servings
1 medium sized head of cauliflower (approx. 3-4 cups of florets)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened plant milk of choice
2/3 cup water
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Hot sauce of choice
Green onions (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Start by washing and drying your head of cauliflower, then cutting it into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, plant milk, water, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper until a smooth batter forms. Coat each piece of cauliflower in the batter and place in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Then, place in a bowl and toss with your desired amount of hot sauce before returning them to the baking sheet and cooking for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with green onions if desired.
For more plant-based cooking inspiration, check us out on Instagram – @cookingwholesome!