This creamy dairy-free alfredo proves you don’t need the cheese! A crowd pleaser you can whip up in next to 10 minutes!
Easy Vegan Alfredo
- 4 servings pasta of choice, cooked and drained
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp arrowroot powder (or any all-purpose flour)
- 2 cups almond milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup green peas
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan cheese (for topping)
- Red pepper flakes
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat
- Once hot, add the garlic and stir quickly to prevent it from burning
- Add the flour of choice and reduce the heat. Whisk thoroughly for 1 minute. Gradually add the almond milk and continue whisking until the mixture has thickened significantly
- Add the nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt and pepper and continue to mix. Add more vegan parmesan or salt to taste
- Add the cooked pasta and peas to the sauce and mix well to incorporate.
- Divide the pasta into four serving bowls and garnish with vegan parmesan and salt pepper flakes
- This can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container but is best served fresh!