Lacking some food inspiration? Try out this herbed cashew cheese, perfect in sandwiches, salads and snacking spreads! Guaranteed to please even the greatest cheese enthusiast
Herbed Cashew Cheese
- 75g cashews
- 150mL warm water
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp Herbes de Provence (or any mixed herbs mix)
- Blend all of the ingredients apart from the mixed herbs in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Heat the mixture in a saucepan over medium heat until a thick, sticky mixture has formed.
- Press the mixture into a container and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Sprinkle the herbs mix of choice onto a plate and coat the cashew cheese on all sides.
Easy as that! This cheese is a wonderful addition to platters with crackers and fruit, sandwiches or crumbled in salads!