The weather has been a little chilly where I’m from, and maybe where you’re from, too! We thought we’d help warm you up by offering this delicious and easy vegan ramen recipe! Make yourself a bowl and get cozy!
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- ½ cup mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked spinach
- ½ block tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2-3 Ramen noodle packets, cooked (discard any seasoning packets)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pot on medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and cook until caramelised. Add the vegetable broth, soy sauce and miso paste. Simmer for 5 minutes, then turn off heat. This will be the broth.
- Coat the tofu with the cornstarch in a bowl. In a small saucepan heat the remaining vegetable oil on medium heat and cook the tofu until golden and crispy
- In the same pan, add the mushrooms with a dash of the broth liquid and cook until sweaty
- Divide the broth liquid in serving bowls, add noodles, tofu, mushrooms, grated carrot, spinach and green onions.