Quinoa Fried Rice
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water/vegetable stock
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 carrots, topped and tailed, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 ½ tbsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 “Vegan Egg” or ⅓ block of tofu, crumbled
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup peas
- Cook the quinoa in water/vegetable stock as per packet instructions.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Once hot add the carrot and onions and cook until soft and caramelised. Add the garlic, ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Once the quinoa has cooked, add it to the vegetables along with the soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and sesame oil.
- Spread the quinoa to the edges of the pan and pour in the “Vegan Egg”. Cook until it is perfectly scrambled, then mix in with the quinoa vegetable mix.
- Add the frozen peas and cook until cooked through.
- This delicious, cheap meal makes 3-4 servings and can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week!