Boy do we have a treat for you! Easter may officially over but this won’t stop us from indulging in these delectable black forest cupcakes
Vegan Black Forest Cupcakes
Makes 12 servings
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
50g cocoa powder
225g brown or coconut suar
275ml hot water
60 ml vegetable oil
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
Optional: a few drops of brandy
1 can coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
Grated dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a muffin tray with 12 cases
- Mix the dry ingredients for the cupcake mix in a large bowl until well incorporated. Add the wet ingredients one by one until the mixture is smooth.
- Divide the mixture into the 12 cupcake cases and once the oven has preheated bake for 15-20 minutes. To test whether the cupcakes are ready insert a skewer into the middle of the cupcakes to see if it comes out clean.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, cut holes into the centre of the cupcakes (as shown per video)
- Fill the the hole with the cherry jam (and brandy if using)
- Prepare the coconut cream by whisking the thick cream layer of the refrigerated can. Dollop the whipped cream onto the tops of the cupcakes
- Decorate with a single cherry. These heavenly cakes are best kept in the fridge and can be stored for up to 4 days. We hope you try these out!