Now here’s a breakfast that’ll get you out of bed in the morning! 😋😉
Vegan Waffles with Aquafaba
- 1 ¾ cup cups plain flour
- ¾ cup oat flour
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp cane sugar
- 1 ½ cups light canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vegan butter, melted
- ⅓ cup aquafaba
- Optional-Belgian pearl sugar
Optional Toppings: Maple syrup, banana, berries, vegan butter, vegan nutella, coconut cream, get creative!
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk until well combined
- In a separate bowl whisk the coconut milk, vanilla and melted vegan butter
- Whisk the aquafaba on high speed until soft peaks form
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly. Add in the whipped aquafaba and fold into the batter.
- Preheat the waffle iron on medium heat. Once preheated add 1 cup batter to the iron until the iron surface is nearly completely covered.
- Depending on the specific waffle maker, cook the waffles for around 6 minutes until golden brown and crispy
- Serve whilst these are warm and hot with your desired toppings! They can also be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months!