38 essentials for your plant-based lifestyle
We know, sometimes eating vegan can feel a little lonely and daunting. So, we want to make sure your kitchen is stocked, your body is fueled, and your heart is full of motivation to live cruelty-free.
Whether you’re starting a vegan diet for the first time, or you’re just trying to put new energy into your plant-based lifestyle, here is our list of must-haves (and nice-to-haves) for vegan living. Of course, you don’t need ALL of these things to go vegan — but it’s a good base to make the transition easier.
38 must-haves for your plant-based lifestyle
1. Mason jars
3. Spiralizer (for lovers of zoodles!)
5. Food processor
6. A good set of pots/pans
7. Knife set
8. Cutting board
9. Vegan food wraps (like Earthology’s pack)
View this post on Instagram
You know what’s a game changer? Vegan wax wraps! Thanks for keeping the conversation going @ecovibesvancouver and for this lovely post! "I’m a little behind on the times when it comes to wax wraps because I typically avoid beeswax. However, @earthologyfoodwraps has come out with completely vegan (no 🐝 involved) wraps & I love them. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ While you can 100% go without any sort of food wrap, it’s really handy to have a couple of these vegan wraps lying around. Before I used to transfer everything from a bowl (like the one pictured) to a glass container with a lid. Now I don’t need to! Plus, I can use these to wrap my fruits, veggies, sandwiches…or anything else! It also helps that they’re super cute. 💜 ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ What do you use to wrap your food? 💋"
A post shared by Ｅａｒｔｈｏｌｏｇｙ• organic foodwraps (@earthologyfoodwraps) on
10. Wooden spoons
11. Slow cooker (optional but nice for busy cooks)
13. Plant milk (take our quiz to find the plant milk that’s right for you!)
16. Rolled oats
17. Agave or maple syrup
18. Nut butter
View this post on Instagram
Do you know how ridiculously easy it is to make your own nut butter? Is it time consuming? What goes into it? Do I need a super powerful blender to make it? I used to ask myself all these questions… I have them all answered for you in my blog post so check it out if you’re still wondering😉 I’ll just say that you need is 2 ingredients. ✖️ Nut butter recipe – ingredients for 200ml 1.5 cup nuts Pinch of salt Link to my blog post is in my bio. ✖️ Jeste li ikad sami probali napraviti maslac od orašastih plodova / ili bolje rečeno, jeste li se ikad usudili😁 – tako je bilo nekad u mom slučaju. Koliko vremena treba, od kojih sastojaka, treba li super jaki blender🙈… Odgovore na ova i još neka pitanja pronaći ćete u mom blog postu: Kako napraviti maslac od orašastih plodova. Reći ću vam samo da ćete biti iznenadjeni koliko je jednostavno😉 A što se tiče aparata, ja koristim sjeckalicu od @electroluxhrvatska koja je vrlo cjenovno pristupačna, a savršeno odradjuje posao. Provjerite koju u mom blog postu. Link na recept je u opisu profila. #makelifedelicious #electrolux #nutbutterrecipe #nutbutters #easyrecipe #plantbasedrecipe #plantbasedbutter #almondbutterrecipe #cashewbutter #hazelnutbutter #homemadenutbutter #homemadealmondbutter
A post shared by Maja Brekalo (@delicious_and_healthy_by_maya) on
20. Sweet potatoes
21. Set of spice blends
22. Canned beans
23. Chia seeds
24. Nutritional yeast
28. Canned tomatoes
29. Veggie broth
30. Your favorite vegan candy
Vitamins to consider (ask a doc first, always!):
31. B12 – the multitasking vitamin!
33. Vitamin D
34. Algae-based supplements (for omega-3s)
35. A vegan cookbook (or two). Check out our Wholesome Culture Cookbook for 80+ Nourishing recipes for plant-based cooking.
36. The Joyful Vegan: How to Stay Vegan in a World That Wants You to Eat Meat, Dairy and Eggs (We’re not ones to judge a book by its cover, but this title = EVERYTHING.)
37. The Vegan Travel Handbook, perfect for globe-trotting plant-based eaters
38. Vegan leather journal to jot plant-based recipes, musings, any and all inspiration!
Want more inspiration for your plant-based journey? We’ve got you covered!
- How to replace eggs in cooking and baking
- Baking 101: All the plant-based swaps you need to know
- The unbelievably easy guide to going vegan
- Vegan FAQ: What to do when beans make you bloated
- How to go plant-based like a pro in 3 quick and easy steps