These 6 simple hacks make vegan cooking super easy
Vegan meals have a bad rap for being overly elaborate and difficult to make. That doesn’t have to be the case. Here are some simple tips that will make your vegan cooking easy.
6 tips for making vegan cooking easy
Always rinse canned beans (and look for BPA-free on the label)
Beans play an important role in many vegan recipes, especially the delicious ones found in Wholesome Culture’s plant-based cookbook! When using canned beans, be sure to drain and rinse them before using them.
2. Soak dry beans overnight
If you prefer to use dry beans, you’ll need anywhere from eight to 12 hours to soak them in a large bowl of water prior to using them. This includes cashews for when you make delicious cashew nut cheese!
This helps reduce bloating and makes it easier to digest!
3. Store nuts properly to prevent spoiling
Be sure to store nuts in an airtight, non-permeable container in a cool and dark place if you plan on using them anywhere from two to four months. Store nuts and seeds in the fridge or freezer if you’ll be storing them for more than four months!
4. Press tofu to get out extra moisture, especially for stir-frying
Firm tofu tends to lose its shape if you do not remove the water from it. This is especially important for any stir fry dishes that require you to be constantly moving the tofu around a pan. Be sure that your tofu keeps its shape by removing as much water as possible before you start cooking!
5. Use ground flax seeds, not whole
If you want to make the most out of your vegan meals, be sure to use ground flax seeds instead of whole ones. Ground flaxseed has the most nutritional value. Be sure to keep whole flaxseed in the fridge or freezer and grind just before you want to use them!
6. When cooking with plant milk, it’s best to get the unsweetened version
Some of our favorite plant milk alternatives are:
- Pea protein
You don’t need to stock up on all of these milks at once, FYI. Avoid wasting food by choosing one of your favorites!
Did you love this article about cooking vegan food? Do you want even more information about how to turn your kitchen into the most delicious eatery? Then check out these articles we have rounded up that will help you become the best vegan cook ever!
- Everything you need to know about 10 “weird” vegan ingredients
- 7 nutritious and delicious plant-based recipes to get you through your busy week!
- How to bake all the best desserts – without butter!
- What will your new favorite plant-based dish be?
- Baking 101: all the plant-based swaps you need to know