YOU GUYS. We know it’s Wednesday and we’re hitting that mid-week slump, too! But this vegan chocolate mousse recipe is SO EASY to make (only 2 ingredients!!!) and THE PERFECT way to help power through the rest of the week. Treat yo self!
Vegan Chocolate Mousse
Makes 3-4 smaller servings
- Liquid from 1 can of unsalted chickpeas (aquafaba)
- 1 block of good quality dark chocolate (70%)
- Optional ingredients: Chilli Flakes, Salt, Sugar, Berries/nuts/coconut cream for topping
- Bring a small pot of water to boil on a stovetop and break the block of chocolate into smaller pieces
- Once the water has heated, turn the heat down to low. Place the chocolate in a bowl on top of the pot with water. Refrain from mixing the chocolate until it has been melted fully
- Once the chocolate has melted take off the heat and set aside to cool. The chocolate must be fully cooled before adding to the chickpea aquafaba.
- Whisk the liquid from the chickpea can until soft peaks form. To check if soft peaks have formed, invert the bowl slightly. If the mixture slights even slightly soft peaks have not yet formed and the mixture needs to be whisked more.
- Once the chocolate has cooled completely, incorporate the chocolate to the aquafaba, mixing gently with a spatula. You can adjust the mousse to your taste here by adding more sugar, chilli, salt, get creative!
- Pour in 3-4 serving glasses and chill for 30 minutes to firm. Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!