It’s Monday! And we’re serving up light and easy Vegan Tuna Sandwiches to start our week that are both healthy and cruelty-free. “Plenty of fish in the sea” — let’s keep it that way!
Vegan Tuna Sandwich
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) rinsed
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 tablespoons hummus or vegan mayo
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- dash of cayenne
- 6 slices whole-grain bread
- leafy greens, to serve
- nori sheets, to serve (optional)
- Mash chickpeas with the back of a fork in a medium-sized bowl. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Serve on whole-grain bread with leafy greens. The mixture can be kept, sealed in the fridge for up to 6 days.