There’s no better way to spend an evening than curled up with a good book. Especially when what you’re reading inspires you to live a healthier, more compassionate, eco-friendly, and conscious life.
With that in mind, we’ve prepared a list of recommended reading that will help you be the best human you can be – for animals, and the plant.
So, grab a blanket, get cozy – and happy reading!
7 books for your vegan reading list
- How to Create a Vegan World: A Pragmatic Approach by Tobias Leenaert
This thought-provoking read is brimming with valuable insights and ideas about how to create a vegan world – starting with a pragmatic approach.
- Feed Me Vegan by Lucy Watson
The winner of “Best Vegan Cookbook” in the PETA awards, “Feed Me Vegan” is all about recreating your favorite meals using only plant-based ingredients. We’re talking classics like lasagne, mac and cheese, and pancakes! Yummy!
- Don’t Even Think About It: Why Our Brains Are Wired to Ignore Climate Change by George Marshall
- Junk Raft: An Ocean Voyage and a Rising Tide of Activism to Fight Plastic Pollution by Marcus Eriksen
Scientist and activist, Marcus Eriksen, went on an expedition across the Pacific on a home-made “junk raft” to fight against plastic marine pollution. This book is his account of the journey, and details his wider efforts to combat plastic pollution.
- Eat for the Planet: Saving the World One Bite at a Time by Nil Zacharias and Gene Stone
Food is a powerful tool for saving the world! Learn how making even the smallest changes in your diet could have a positive, long-lasting effect on our planet.
- Plastic Purge: How to Use Less Plastic, Eat Better, Keep Toxins Out of Your Body, and Help Save the Sea Turtles’ by Michael SanClements
The title of the book pretty much sums it up. Learn to save the sea turtles! Need we say more?
- Ageless Vegan: The Secret to Living a Long and Healthy Plant-Based Life by Tracye and Mary McQuirter
Veganism is the key to a long, vibrant, and healthy life. In this book, author Tracye McQuirter and her mom delve deeper into the topic – and share a 100 of their favorite plant-based recipes.
What are your favorite books about veganism, sustainability, and eco-living?
Share your recommendations in the comments below!