How to celebrate your relationship with the planet on Earth Day (and always)
Every year on April 22, we take a moment to put down our phones and put on our comfiest shoes because it’s Earth Day! For us, it’s the perfect day to pay extra attention to the things we take for granted like wind in our hair, sun rays shining through windows, and the sparkle of stars. Luckily there are still so many ways to nourish our nature-loving souls on Earth Day – and all days. From starting an herb garden to taking a nap outside — here are 25 fun and simple ways to connect with Mother Earth and celebrate Earth Day.
25 simple ways to celebrate Earth Day – always
1. Start an herb garden
2. Read nature books — we recommend “Braiding Sweetgrass” by Robin Wall Kimmerer
3. Revisit your bucket list (challenge: circle/highlight all the things you want to do that involve the outdoors)
4. Become a plant parent
5. Join the nature webcams party
6. Take outdoor-inspired online courses like this one from Leave No Trace
7. Listen to Earth-oriented podcasts
8. Go on a bike ride, if it’s safe (and be sure to practice social distancing!)
9. Take a nap outside
10. Pitch a tent in your backyard.. or go camping!
11. Go birdwatching
12. Wake up extra early to appreciate the sunrise
13. Embrace your inner child and spot shapes in the clouds
14. Doodle or paint a landscape portrait
15. Plant a tree
16. Learn the names of trees and flowers
17. Let the wind tangle your hair
18. Just look out a window for at least 5 whole minutes — or more!
19. Do some nature journaling
20. Hike (again, only if it’s safe, and remember your masks!)
21. Watch nature documentaries
22. Try regrowing your lettuce or celery
23. Go barefoot
24. Study the phases of the moon
Are you trying to embrace slowing down? We think you’d love this post.
And get inspired by these nature loving reads:
- These 8 car-free cities offer the most in eco-friendly living
- How to have the most planet-friendly camping trip ever
- The best planet-friendly destinations you have to visit