The best balsamic and basil avocado toast
by : Wholesome Culture
This amazing avocado toast recipe is from the Wholesome Culture Cookbook. We suggest making it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 😋🥑💜
Makes 2-3 pieces of toast
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: None
- 2-3 slices of bread of choice
- 1 large avocado
- Small squirt of lime (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 7-8 medium fresh basil leaves
- 4-6 slices of tomato (optional)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Remove and discard the peel and pit from the avocado. Place rest of avocado into a small bowl or cup and add salt, pepper, and a very small squirt of lime, if desired, mash lightly with fork.
- Toast desired amount of bread. While toasting, thinly slice a small tomato (optional).
- Top bread with mashed avocado, a few basil leaves and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Add tomato and/or red pepper flakes, if desired.
Tags : avocadoavocado breakfast toastavocado toast recipevegan avocado toastwholesome culture cookbook