The Wholesome Vegan Funfetti Sugar Cookies Recipe
There’s something about funfetti that makes us smile. It not only looks like a rainbow, but it also makes us feel like kids again. Especially these days when responsibilities and worries are at an all-time high, it feels really good to embrace our inner child and eat something that makes us feel like it’s our 7th birthday. That’s why we’re especially partial to these Vegan Funfetti Sugar Cookies from The Wholesome Culture Cookbook. They’re easy to make, colorful on a plate, and d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s to eat.
Make them for yourself or prepare a batch for a person in your life who could use a joyous little pick-me-up in cookie form. And while you’re here, we hope you do something else that makes you feel a little less weight on your shoulders. Watch a comfort movie, dance in the kitchen, or tell a silly joke. Here’s one of our faves: Can I tell you a vegan joke? I promise it won’t be cheesy! (Sorry, not sorry!)
Funfetti Sugar Cookies Ingredients:
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Makes 16-24 cookies
- 3/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoon egg replacer (Read this blog for egg replacer options)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4-1/3 cup sprinkles of choice
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Cream together the vegan butter and cane sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Then add in the coconut cream, egg replacer, vanilla, salt, and baking soda and stir until combined.
- Add in the flour 1/2 cup at a time and stir until a crumbly dough forms. Add in your sprinkles and stir until evenly distributed.
- Roll your dough into 1-1 1/2 inch balls and flatten slightly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges of the cookies begin to brown slightly. The cookies will still appear soft when they leave the oven, but this is okay. Allow them to sit for 5 mins before removing from pan.
For more plant-based recipes like this one, check out The Wholesome Culture Cookbook. Happy baking!
Take a peek at these other recipes we’ve been whipping up:
- 22 Recipes To Make The Days Sweeter While You Stay At Home
- How to build the best vegan nachos
- This is the best vegan grilled cheese we’ve ever tasted