This vegan French Toast will blow your mind!
Our ultimate breakfast favorite is having a vegan make-over – and we think it beats the original French toast you grew up eating!
Get ready for the perfect crispy edges, custardy center, a dribble of maple syrup – and none of the guilt!
Classic French Toast
Makes 3-4 servings
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 8-12 minutes
- 6 pieces of thick sliced bread
- ⅔ cup of vanilla or plain vegan yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons milk alternative of choice
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 teaspoon vegan butter
- In a bowl, mix together yogurt, flour, milk, cinnamon, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Turn the stove to medium-low and add enough vegan butter to a large pan to evenly coat it. Begin individually dipping each slice of bread into the French toast mixture.
- Cook each side for around 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and repeat.
- Top with vegan butter, syrup, fruit, vegan whipped cream, or whatever your heart desires!
- When flipping the toast, add more butter to the pan if necessary.
Why not follow us on Instagram – @cookingwholesome – for even more plant-based cooking ideas and inspiration?
And if you’re looking for more amazing plant-based recipes, you’ll love these!
- Make this peanut butter smoothie to have the best day!
- The best vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Chick’n Wings
- This is the vegan BLT sandwich of your dreams!