Hello, 2020! This year we’re full of motivation to be extra gentle on the planet — in both small ways and big ways.
No matter where we all are in our eco-conscious journeys, making moves to live greener is always a step forward.
Here are 31 things on our eco-friendly bucket list for 2020!
- Stay in an eco-friendly treehouse hotel or tiny house rental
- Check out more second-hand stores
- Master the meal prep game
- Never, ever, use a plastic straw (bamboo only!)
- Rewear favorite outfits more
- Be a better plant parent
- Enjoy a staycation (no plane travel needed)!
- Say “no, thank you” to things we don’t need (flyers, printed receipts, etc.)
- Use shampoo bars instead of bottles
- Make a DIY soy vegan candle
- Host a plant-based dinner party
- Pick naked produce only (not the veggies/fruit wrapped in plastic)
- Remember to bring our reusable mug & bamboo utensils
- Find a favorite plant milk
- Walk whenever possible
- Swap to all LED lights
- Hike more –and stay on the trail!
- Switch to loose leaf tea over packaged tea
- Start an eco-friendly hobby
- Carpool more
- Take shorter showers
- Unplug appliances when they aren’t in use
- Donate to an important cause that speaks to your heart
- Read more books about eco-conscious living
- Explore the local food scene (farmers markets, neighborhood restaurants, local grocery stores)
- Pick up a piece of litter and toss it, at least once a week
- Go camping (and always leave no trace)
- Try a new vegetable — fiddleheads, anyone?!
- Plant a tree!
- Discover a new favorite homemade baking recipe (check our chocolate chip macadamia nut cookie recipe!)
Learn more fun and simple ways to be more mindful all year long, here:
- 28 Ways to be kind every day of the week
- Real ways you can contribute to a more peaceful world
- 5 Ways to be more mindful of your palm oil use