Get the most out of summer with the best vegan “nice cream” recipe!
June’s here and that means one thing, and one thing only: ice cream! And the best news of all? You don’t have to miss out if you’re dairy-free.
Want to live your best plant-based life this summer? Then you’ve got to get on the “nice cream” trend!
What is nice cream?
Nice cream is a super creamy and refreshing vegan take on traditional ice cream – all the deliciousness without the animal cruelty. Blended frozen bananas provide a base for most nice cream recipes, but you can mix in tons of different ingredients to create whatever flavor you’d like.
Get the right tools
Making nice cream is super simple – all you need is a freezer and a blender or food processor! Ingredient-wise, frozen bananas are a must, but the rest is up to you. Throw in peanut butter, shredded coconut, berries, mint, vegan chocolate – the sky’s the limit!
Plant-based nice cream hacks
It’s hard to screw up nice cream; it’s really that easy. However, we’ve got a few simple tips to take your nice cream game to the next level:
- Make sure your bananas are ripe before freezing to get the best possible flavor and sweetness.
- Want a super creamy batch? Let your fruit thaw for a few minutes before blending.
- If your blender is having trouble breaking down the frozen fruit, adding a splash of liquid should help get things going.
- For extra firm nice cream, pop your blended batch into the freezer for thirty minutes before serving.
Our favorite nice cream recipe
Whether you’re a nice cream newbie or an old pro, you’ve got to try our Mixed Berry Nice Cream from The Wholesome Culture Cookbook! Check out the super simple (and delicious) recipe:
Mixed Berry Nice Cream
Makes 2 servings
Prep time: 2 minutes + 2 hours freezing time for bananas
Cook time: 2-3 minutes
3 bananas, chopped and frozen
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- Place the chopped bananas, frozen blueberries, and frozen strawberries in a blender.
- Blend for one to two minutes, or until thoroughly blended.
Notes: For a creamier texture, thaw fruits for a few minutes before blending.
And there you have it – the perfect treat to kick off summer!
Want more amazing, plant-based recipes? Make sure to pick up your copy of The Wholesome Culture Cookbook!
View this post on Instagram
Much of the world is shifting towards plant-based eating — and this global movement could be here to stay. 🌍 Wholesome living means enjoying what you eat while helping the planet and loving animals. 🌿 Have you tried the Wholesome cookbook yet? What is your favorite recipe? 👇🏼 . . . . . . . . #healthy #vegetarian#plantbased #organic #veganfoodshare #whatveganseat #food #fitness #foodporn #veganfood #eatclean #glutenfree #cleaneating #health #love #crueltyfree #raw #healthyfood #breakfast #govegan #instafood #foodie #fitfam #tacos #tacorecipe #veganclothing #veganrecipe #cookbook #vegan
A post shared by Wholesome Culture (@wholesomeculture) on
Even more incredible recipes from The Wholesome Culture Cookbook:
- This vegan French toast will blow your mind!
- This is the best vegan grilled cheese sandwich we’ve ever tasted
- How to make the most delicious pancakes (no milk or eggs needed!)