80 super simple random acts of kindness for all areas of your life
Spread the love with random acts of kindness for every aspect of your life! We had so much fun writing this list of 80 ways to show kindness to the planet 🌎, yourself, your friends and fam, your colleagues, strangers, and animals 🐷🐶! And we hope it gives you a little inspiration to spread the love in whatever way speaks most to you.
P.S. If you need some extra motivation, this six-year-old girl performed 1,000 random acts of kindness… #queen.
80 super simple random acts of kindness ideas
Ways to show kindness to the planet
- Pick up a piece of litter
- Plant a tree
- Take a moment to appreciate the trees for all they do for us
- Wake up extra early and show some love for the sunrise
- Do a street clean or beach clean up!
- Support your local farmers market or grocery store
- Skip the car and walk instead (or use public transportation)
- Have a zero-waste picnic
- Listen to a sustainable-minded podcast (two of our favorites: Sustainababble and Hippie Haven Podcast)
- Have a no-buy day
- Take shorter showers
- Remember your reusables (mug, totes, straws, and utensils)
- Savor your leftovers stored in plastic-free containers
- Switch to LEDs
Ways to show kindness to yourself
- Take yourself on a date
- Write a handwritten love note to yourself
- Take a nap
- Jot inspiring messages on post-its and put them in places you see often (bathroom mirror, nightstand, fridge)
- DANCE. 30 seconds is all you need to get those endorphins going!
- Make a new, healthy plant-based recipe with one of your fave ingredients. Need some inspiration? Check out this post: 10 Bold recipes that’ll make you feel like you deserve a cooking show
- Wear an outfit that makes you feel amazing (even just to the grocery store! Why not?!)
- Plan something BIG for 2020 — go skydiving, take that road trip or finally visit your friend living in a different state)
- Make more time to read
- Schedule medical appointments and keep them (!!!)
- Make a vision board
- Do something outside of your comfort zone!
- Write in a gratitude journal
Ways to show kindness to your friends and family
- Take 20 minutes to intently listen to a friend or family member
- Dedicate your yoga practice or a meal to someone special in your life
- Call a relative that wouldn’t expect to hear from you
- Give a hug (with permission, of course!)
- Offer to babysit (or pet sit) for someone you know could use a night off
- Share the plant-based love and host a yummy vegan feast
- Send a handwritten card to someone you’ve been thinking about
- Treat a friend to a coffee, lunch, or ice cream date
- Text a friend a fun picture from the past just to show them you’re thinking of them
- Show up on time!
- Gift someone a food delivery gift card, so their next meal is on you
- Give a DIY soy vegan candle
- Unplug at your next dinner — give someone your full attention!
- Share your favorite book with someone you think would like it as much as you
- Send someone a funny meme in the middle of the day
- Remember little things they say (like an interview coming up) so you can be that kind person who checks in
Ways to show kindness to colleagues and peers
- Gift someone a pretty indoor plant for their desk
- Compliment someone who doesn’t get acknowledged often!
- Invite someone to lunch or coffee who you don’t interact with regularly
- Make room at a conference table
- Ask someone how their weekend was or about upcoming plans in the elevator
- Bring in goodies to the office (our suggestion: our homemade chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies!)
- Make a fresh pot of (ethical) coffee
- Attempt to start and end meetings on time
- Give someone unsolicited praise
- Schedule a team happy hour!
- Offer to help someone out on a project they’ve been working on
Ways to show random acts of kindness to random strangers
- Give a generous tip to someone like a friendly Lyft/Uber driver or a thoughtful barista!
- Return your shopping cart
- Buy a stranger in line behind you a cup of coffee
- Donate a book
- Put change in a parking meter that’s close to expiring
- Smile and wave in your Being Kind Is Cool crew!
- Leave a sweet note on a random person’s windshield
- Write a thoughtful Yelp review for an awesome small business
- Give someone who is homeless a pair of socks
- Make more eye contact
- Be that nice person on the road who let’s someone in your lane, kindly
Ways to show kindness to animals
- Participate in a fundraiser for animals
- Choose cruelty-free products as much as possible
- If you have a doggie pal, take them on an extra long walk
- Eat less meat!
- Consider adopting, if you’re looking for a new furry friend
- Donate to an organization like Best Friends Animal Society or The Honeybee Conservancy
- Build a DIY birdhouse
- Put a small dish with water in your backyard/porch to dehydrate some thirsty pollinators!
- Watch an animal awareness documentary (some of our faves are: The Cove, The World’s Most Wanted Animal, and Our Planet)
- Vow to stay away from leather, animal fur, fleece, silk, and wool
- Donate your crochet snuggly creations to Comfort for Critters
- Give your time to a meaningful animal rescue organization (check out VolunteerMatch.org for opportunities)
Check out more opportunities to show love to the planet at these posts:
- The one simple thing absolutely everyone can do to help the planet
- Eco-friendly on a budget: everything you can do to help the planet without spending a penny
- Everything you need to know to compost the right way